Tuesday, September 18, 2007

just a trim.


Jon: Hi
Barber: Habari Yako
Jon: Mzuri sana, are you able to give me a 'mzungu' hair cut, you know, just a trim.
Barber: ahhh.. sawa sawa... yes .. of course... just a trim.. of course *big reassuring smile and nod of head*
*Barber pulls out pair of scissors and a trimmer*
Jon: (aside) hmmm... a pair of trimmers and scissors... he must be planning the old 'short back and sides', I'm OK with that.
Barber: How short would you like it sir
Jon: Not too short, just a trim remember?
Barber: Of course, of course *reassuring smile but evil look in his eyes*
*Barber goes right ahead grabs the trimmers and unashamedly shaves Jon's ahead*
Jon: (aside) Dear lord.

Note: Is that a receding hairline. I hope not.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Haircuts like this are always tragic. The sad thing about them is that even after more than my fair share of them, I'm still not confident that I can pinpoint when exactly it is that you should boldly raise your hand and say 'enough'. You always hope that somehow they might know what they're doing.

The beauty of hair though, is that it grows back. I think it's time to share some more pictures...

Anonymous said...

Yeah mate, that is a receding hairline - I know!

my ghostwriter said...

nice trim, love.