Tuesday, September 25, 2007

my humble abode (part 1): inside the walls

The maid had been (live the dream! *solidarity hand signal*) leaving the house spick and span - so it seemed like the right time to unvail my humble abode to the world.



The tour begins in the messiest room - my bedroom. As one can see the key feature is the rustic four poster bed (remember 'employ the imagination') complete with silk curtains (that also double up as a mosquito net - naturally). I can't say the mattress is the most comfortable I've ever found, but it is slighter larger than a single - so that would make it 'prince' size' (extra bonus points). My humble desk plays home to the mac, pictures of loved ones, my library and several dead insects. The blue rug is a recent addition and an attempt at making the place more 'homely' - please appreciate. Just out of the picture is the 'built in wardrobe storage system' within which all my shirts are hung ironed and in colour order (honestly).



Next we move to the living room. Pretty standard. What we don't tell most visitors is that the hollow interior of the couch also doubles up as a home to 'Stuart'. Who is Stuart I hear you say. Stuart is our 'pet' mouse (or very small rat).



Finally, the kitchen. Not quite the epicenter of cullanary technology as one would find at the Marr house hold ... seeing as it lacks a fridge, freezer, cooker, microwave, dishwasher, a hot water tap ... .... .... errr... ... ... it has a camping stove (and the odd cockroach)!. Despite the lack of anything much identifying this as a kitchen my African friends still (and me on the odd occasion) manage to cook up a storm. Legends. Please excuse the warped effect in the photo.

3 comments:

heathen said...

Oh I like all the friends you've acquired in your new abode. And the frilly net is a lovely addition to any room; consider it a canopy.

Ben said...

fit for a prince. lovely imagination.

Ben said...

yeah but, thanks for the link to my site, but, it doesn't work. oh jonathan, jonathan. where are you?